Thursday, April 12, 2007
Class
After much anticipation and deliberation, today saw my first day of class. I planned my schedule so I have most of my classes on Monday and Thursday. Japanese meets everyday in the morning, so no way around that, but on Monday I have Religion, History and English. Every few Wednesdays we have CIEE core course but that varies. With this schedule I have an easy Tuesday and Wednesday, plus my weekend starts at around 11:00am on Friday, which is nice if I want to do some traveling. The rock club I am going to join meets on Friday around lunch time, which works out nice as well, because I can go grab a bite to eat after class, and then play some rock and/or roll. Speaking of eating, the cafeteria food here isn't bad at all. They offer soba, udon, and ramen noodle dishes (google those if you are curious), Japanese style curry and rice, and a daily bowl, which is usually chicken or pork of some variety with rice and other goodies. They also offer some Western style stuff, but I haven't gotten into that much. Also, I made a new friend, this friend is the ramen noodle machine in the courtyard. It is a vending machine that dispenses cups of ramen noodles, like the ones at home, but better due to the addition of more stuff, the stuff varies by bowl...BUT there is a little hot water spout, and a little drawer with chopsticks in it, so one could have a large snack, or a quick meal for about 130 yen, nice. Just as a side note, since most of the sightseeing type stuff is done for a while, my next blogs will include more observations about Japan and the Japanese, and yes... more pictures of people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha, glad to hear you're adjusting well to your new place of matriculation. We miss you here!
Post a Comment