
I may or may not informed anyone of this, but my flight to Japan entailed a layover in Milan, Italy. It seems weird but for some reason it was cheaper than going straight to Japan (go figure). Anyway, I had planned to spend 7 hours in Milan, ended up being almost 2 days. The saga begins:
So I arrive in Milan at around 8 or 9 in the morning Milan time. I decided to take the train into Milan. The airport isn't technically in Milan, like O'Hare isn't technically in Chicago, but Milan is much closer to the airport than in Chicago. I took the train to Milan, which was quite possibly the coolest/scariest thing I had done up until that point. I went to a cafe, had some great food and cappuccino, and went back to the airport in time for my flight. All in all a nice afternoon. Upon waiting for my flight, the weather got sort of overcast but not too bad. A few flights were delayed for about an hour, no big deal, my flight gave me ample time to meet with my group in Tokyo, so as long it wasn't delayed more than 6 hours I would be ok. It was delayed about 16 hours. Apparently there was some technical problem with the plane, so it was delayed for 3 hours, and the airline bought us dinner. After that it became delayed another hour, and then the delay jumped to the next day. The airline informed us we would be put up in a hotel for the night. Very frustrating indeed, but there was an upside. The hotel was very nice and I got to have a great dinner with a few Japanese men and a couple from Germany. The room was very nice, and I got to have a good nights sleep for once. The bad side is I had to arrive in Tokyo a day late. The saga only continues...
No comments:
Post a Comment